My Thoughts on July 2nd’s SmackDown!

With Money in the Bank just weeks away, On the July 2nd SmackDown from Wilkes- Barre, Pa, Jack Swagger sent a strong message to World Champion Rey Mysterio by locking him in a lethal ankle lock and refusing to let go.

Serena unveiled a dirty little secret, seemingly proving CM Punk did not attack The Undertaker. And with only two coveted spots remaining in the Money in the Bank Ladder Match, all of SmackDown was out to make an impact.

World Champion Rey Mysterio & Big Show def. Jack Swagger & “Dashing” Cody Rhodes by Disqualification
Last week it was Big Show who fell victim to an angry Jack Swagger’s debilitating ankle lock. This week World Champion Rey Mysterio was snared in “The All-American American’s” lethal hold when Swagger stopped a 619 cold. While writhing in agony, Mysterio managed to reach the ropes – hoping to stop the pain. However, just like last week, Swagger refused to heed the ref’s orders to break the hold, costing him and “Dashing” Cody Rhodes the match.

Fueled by frustration at losing the World Title at Fatal 4-Way, Swagger ignored the ref’s pleas to break the hold even after the bout had ended. With the painful hold still locked in, Swagger dragged Mysterio out of the ring and down onto the arena floor, where Mysterio finally found relief from the hold. Swagger’s actions made things clear – he wants his World Title back from Mysterio at Money in the Bank.

My Take: I Hope that Swagger’s actions don’t end up having him becoming the next ‘ Chosen One’ ( but since McMahon is incapacitated that’s not gonna happen) or have him ending up going on a Rampage.

Kelly Kelly def. Michelle McCool
Despite a vicious offense from Michelle McCool, Kelly Kelly took advantage of a distraction from Layla to help defeat Michelle. With the win, Kelly now boasts recent victories over both members of team “Lay-Cool.”

My Take: LayCool getting Defeated 2 weeks in a row. Kelly must be overjoyed. I Hope that shuts LayCool up.

MVP def. Chavo Guerrero
Before the match began, Chavo Guerrero made it known to his aunt and Official SmackDown Consultant Vickie Guerrero that he deserves an Intercontinental Title Match. However, in the end, it was MVP’s Play of the Day that garnered the victory for The Ballin’ Superstar.

My Take: Dear Chavo, Proving yourself to your Powerful Aunt FAILED.

Kane def. Luke Gallows by Disqualification; Serena seemingly proves CM Punk’s innocence
After decimating CM Punk last week, Kane set his sights on Luke Gallows. Just like last week, Kane found himself tangling with more than just his opponent when a hooded member of The Straight Edge Society attacked him from behind, causing an immediate disqualification. Red with rage, Kane destroyed both the hooded S.E.S. member and Luke Gallows. CM Punk appeared to be next to suffer the same fate … until Serena revealed shocking news.

As she begged for Kane to release Punk from his clutches, she claimed to be able to prove Punk could not have been involved in the attack on The Undertaker. At first, Kane did not believe her and was poised to destroy Punk. That was until Serena proved her case in the form of a video broadcast on the arena screen.

The shocking video revealed Serena drinking in a bar – a behavior completely against living The Straight Edge lifestyle. The video closed with an irate Punk confronting her – apparently proving Punk was elsewhere on the night The Undertaker was attacked. After seeing the video, Kane released Punk from his grasp and exited the ring.

My Take: Well, at least Punk is innocent, But My Questions are what new batch of problems did Serena open up? and will Serena be excommunicated from The SES?

SideBar: This proved that despite Punk’s belief that he can cure everyone and stop them from faulting, that Serena is a human and she relapsed. It’s Normal for someone to have a relapse. (Serena looks more attractive with a full head of hair)

Matt Hardy attacked Christian on “The Peep Show”
After Matt Hardy and Christian agreed they shared a similar path in WWE, they couldn’t agree on who had a better chance at winning the upcoming Money in the Bank Ladder Match. Putting an end to the discussion, Hardy hit Christian in the face then sent him crashing into a ladder on the set of “The Peep Show.”

My Take: Apparently This ‘Peep Show’ Run on SmackDown! isnt really a good idea as I originally thought. Maybe Christian should end ‘Peep Show’ before he gets injured or assaulated AGAIN.

Intercontinental Champion Kofi Kingston def. Dolph Ziggler
With official SmackDown Consultant Vickie Guerrero at his side, Dolph Ziggler had an opportunity to become the No. 1 Contender to the Intercontinental Title if he could defeat reigning champion, Kofi Kingston. Despite a vigorous offense, Ziggler was stopped cold by Trouble in Paradise. Disappointed in Ziggler’s performance, Vickie walked off without him after the match.

My Take: I Think that that crush Matt Striker has on Vickie is starting to get gross(more than it already is) and can the WWE PLEASE stop Having Vickie being called ‘Cougar’ on air and giving her boy toys.

Rey Mysterio aided Big Show after being attacked by Jack Swagger and “Dashing” Cody Rhodes
At the start of the night, Jack Swagger reminded the WWE Universe that he is the most recent Money in the Bank winner, having won the coveted briefcase at WrestleMania XXVI.

Claiming he has since been “cheated” out of the World Title he cashed in on, Swagger continued to express his woes. Tired of hearing it, Big Show emerged – threatening to break Swagger’s jaw.

But before he could get his hands on Swagger, “Dashing” Cody Rhodes attacked him from behind. Swagger joined in, rolling Big Show into the ring where they double-teamed him. Before total carnage, Rey Mysterio emerged to help, driving both aggressors from ring.

My Take: ‘Dashing’ Cody Rhodes is starting to get on my nerves. SO the Divas called him attractive, that doesnt mean he has to take it over the top.

And Swagger REALLY needs to stop whining. Its not the end of the world. Hes acting as if the WWE Recreated the Montreal Screwjob of 1997. the PPV was called ‘Fatal 4 Way’ for a reason and had he been listening to what the announcers and everyone else saying that there was a 25% Chance that the champion can retain the belt and 75% Chance the championship would change hands.

He Didnt Care about that fact, and hes thinking that the SmackDown fans wat him as champion…they dont.