Court Rules Against 6 Drag Racers, Orders Drivers To Forfeit Cars
DETROIT (WWJ) – Six drivers in Wayne County have been ordered to turn over the keys to the vehicles they used to drag race down Detroit area streets.
Chief Judge Virgil Smith delivered the ruling Thursday afternoon in Wayne County Circuit Court, saying the evidence against the defendants “was overwhelming”
Smith said the six vehicles were seized during “chaotic scenes” at the intersections of Fort and Woodmere streets, and also at Warren and Livernois Avenue, in late July.
Those six vehicles include:
• 1997 Ford Mustang (owner appeared in court and stated her son was drag racing in the vehicle)
• 1988 Fort Mustang (owner did not contest forfeiture)
• 1984 Chevy S-10 (Redford Township owner outfitted vehicle with nitrous oxide)
• 1996 Cadillac (River Rouge owner stated her son was drag racing in the vehicle)
• 1994 Chevy Camaro (Owner stated her son was drag racing in the vehicle, investigators also…
View original post 206 more words