Welcome to the NYC Today page, where all the latest local news and entertainment features will be uploaded. Featuring reports from New York City local media and exclusive content from Asnycnow’s New York-based editor, Andy Salcedo.
NYC Today will also have a 15-minute online radio show on Asnycnow Radio One through Blogtalkradio.com on Saturday Mornings. This page will updated on Monday, Wednesday, Friday Mornings and Saturday Afternoons following the broadcast. There will also be a livestream (on a five-second delay) available to listen on-air to Asnycnow Radio One.
DISCLAIMER: On the day of the show, there will be a call-in information to reach on-air with NYC Today. Keep in mind, by using the hashtag #nyctoday, you are allowing Asnycnow to display your tweet on this page and consenting to be used on-air during the broadcast.
Any Questions or Comments about our Page or our Radio Show, or If you would like to contribute to “NYC Today” with any event information and/or local stories, Send an Email to email@example.com or send a Tweet to @AsnycnowRadio with the hashtag #nyctoday.
LAST UPDATE TO PAGE: 06 October 2012 at 18:45 EST
- Mondays/ Wednesdays 8:15 to 11am, 1pm to 3pm and 5pm to 6:30pm
- Fridays 9:15 am to 11am and 2pm-5pm
- Saturdays 12pm to 4pm and 7pm to 11pm
Our Page’s features:
- Morning Links: Mon/ Wed
- This Weekend: Fri/Sat
- Weekend Wrap-up: Sat
Our Show’s Features:
- Stuff to do this weekend.
October 6th: NYC Saturday Wrap-up: News and Features from across the city and the media that serve it.
B!G Story: (Jackson Heights, QNS) An unarmed man that was shot and killed by the NYPD wanted to be a police officer.
- UPPER EAST SIDE – Critics: 81st Street Pedestrian Bridge Design Looks Like “Prison Yard”
- CHELSEA – Contractors Face Fines for Death of Worker in Crane Collapse
- EAST VILLAGE/ TOMPKINS SQ. PARK- Suspect Nabbed for Sexual Assault in Tompkins Square Park
- CITYWIDE- Weekend Service Disruptions for the 7 train
- WOODSIDE- Two Men Wanted for Robbing and Shooting a Man.
- KISSENA PARK- NYPD Find Partially Decomposed Man
- CAROLL GARDENS- Longtime Coffee Shop Up and Running Again following a fire
- RED HOOK- 76th Precinct To start Crackdown on Large Trucks
- EAST NEW YORK- Hundreds of Juvenile Offenders Being Relocated Closer to Home
- LONGWOOD- Thief Greets Victims before Robbing Them
- HUNTS POINT- NYPD Seeks Suspect in 146th Street Burglary
- BAYCHESTER- Woman mauled by a Pitbull and Residents Worry that said Pitbull is still out on the loose.
- ST. GEORGE- Opponents Rally at Town Hall Meeting to Protest Closing of Senior Center
- NEW DORP- Rep. Grimm’s Office Campaign Office Vandalized, Computer Server Wiped
- THE L MAGAZINE- Ranking the 13 Most Livable Neighborhoods in Brooklyn
- VILLAGE VOICE- For the first time in 20 Years, New York City”s Crime Rate is on the rise
- BROOKLYN MAGAZINE- New Map Shows Neighborhood Gentrification Based on Noise Complaint Frequency
- DNAINFO.COM- Brooklyn Museum Ends Popular “Target First Saturdays”
The Stories featured in this edition of NYC Saturday are courtesy of THE L MAGAZINE, DNAINFO.COM, THE VILLAGE VOICE, and BROOKLYN MAGAZINE. The published material is copyrighted by their respective owners and the opinions that are reflected are not those of Asnycnow Online.